Executive Director Dan Groberg joined Montpelier Alive in 2018.
Dan is passionate about building community, and excited to help make Montpelier even more wonderful. Dan is eager to build on Montpelier's strengths - an incredibly vibrant downtown coupled with small-town charms. He welcomes you to visit Montpelier and enjoy its many great restaurants, diverse independent shops, and copious entertainment options. His door is always open to your ideas and feedback.
Dan is a Vermont transplant who moved to Montpelier with his wife in 2013. They own a home on Liberty Street, in walking distance to historic downtown. He completed the Vermont Leadership Institute at the Snelling Center for Government in June 2018 and was named one of Vermont's Rising Stars (40 Under 40) by Vermont Business Magazine in October 2018. They have an adorable border terrier and a daughter born in March 2018. Dan is a news-junkie who still reads newspapers from every town in which he's ever lived, and enjoys reading, cooking and baking, spending time with his family, and enjoying downtown Montpelier, especially the Farmer's Market.
Board of Directors
- David Markow, President; Vice President of Student Services, Vermont College of Fine Arts
- Nate Hausman, Vice President; Project Director, Clean Energy Group
- Linn Perkins Syz, Secretary; Community Member
- Liz Walsh, Treasurer; Owner, The Drawing Board
- The Honorable Denise Johnson; Community Member
- Stephani Kononan; Community Relations & Marketing Manager, Hunger Mountain Coop
- Emma Schoenberg; Fellow, Climate Disobedience Center
- Justin Tease; Associate Vice President – Life and Annuity Solutions, National Life Group
- Jessica Turner; Owner, Capital Kitchen
- Peter Walke; Deputy Secretary, State of Vermont Agency of Natural Resources
- Amy Willis; Community Member
- Joslyn Wilschek; Partner, Wilschek Iarrapino Law Office
- Conor Casey; City Council Representative