Halloween in Downtown Montpelier
Photo by Jeb Wallace-Brodeur
Join us downtown on Halloween, Wednesday, October 31 from 4:30-6pm as our amazing downtown merchants dole out candy and fun! We love to see Montpelier's littlest residents decked out in the Halloween costumes!
FRO plays Charlie O's, 8-11pm
FRO plays Halloween night at Charlie O’s in Montpelier, VT, rockin two sets of intergalactic space boogie. No cover.
Halloween Game Night at The Book Garden, 6-11:30pm
Head to The Book Garden for a night of spooky board games and RPG's! Come to the party in costume and receive a 10% discount on board games! (Suggested age 14+)
Sweet Melissa's Halloween Dance Party, 9pm-1:30amDJ Toussaint will get your booties shaking. Go-go dancers will provide Jell-O shots. No cover! Plenty of costumes! All fun!!
- Thomas and Lilith's Spook Night at Charlie O's. Friday, October 25, 6-8pm. Halloween season is here! Come get your spook on with Thomas and Lilith and all your Charlie O's friends! Costumes encouraged!
- Guano Loco Halloween Party at Sweet Melissa's. Friday, October 25, 9:30pm-1am. These boys love to dress up and rock out already, but now you can join in on the fun! Come out and dance with the freakiest band around for the freakiest holiday of the year!!
- Montpelier Recreation Department Halloween Party at Montpelier High School, Saturday, October 26, 10-11:30am: Games, Prizes, Snacks, and a special magic performance by Marko The Magician!
- Half Pint Chef Presents: Halloween Cookies at The Garage Cultural Center. Saturday, October 26, 2-4pm. We’ll be getting into the spooky spirit with Halloween cookie baking! We’ll use chocolate, peanut butter, fun colors and even edible eyeballs to bake some creepy and delicious cookies for the upcoming holiday. Ages 7-10.
- Haunted House Story Spooktacular at Center for Arts and Learning. Saturday, October 26, 5-8pm. Readings by five acclaimed authors for kids and teens: William Alexander, M.T. Anderson, Ann Dávila Cardinal, Cori McCarthy, and Linda Urban. They’ll be reading selections of middle-grade and YA fiction for kids and teens in the Stage Room of River Rock starting at 5pm. Throughout the evening (5-8pm), we’ll also have spooky rooms to explore at CAL – including a dance party! Suitable for all ages – costumes welcome! $10/adults, $5/teens, $25/family and free for kids under 13.
- Halloween Costume Workshop at Notion Fabric & Craft. Sunday, October 27, 2-5pm. Getting down to the wire on your Halloween sewing? Bring that unfinished (or unstarted) project with you for a fun afternoon with all the moral support and troubleshooting help you need. Time will fly as you share ideas and create in community--and who knows, maybe there will be some spooky treats to enjoy!
- Vermont Folk Horror Roadshow at The Savoy Theater. Tuesday, October 29, 8-10pm. Join the Vermont International Film Foundation, the Vermont Folklife Center and the Savoy Theater on October 29, 2019 for the Vermont Folk Horror Roadshow. Featuring two films recently preserved by the Vermont Archive Movie Project (VAMP), TRANSFORMATIONS (1972) and THE ANIMAL (1976) with an introduction and QA by Vermont film historian and legendary cartoonist, Stephen R. Bissette. Two EERIE, atmospheric films shot & set in Vermont. Homegrown VT Folk Horror for your Halloween Enjoyment